Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Basic Policy on Handling of Personal Information
Asano Metal Industry Co., Ltd. (referred to as "Asano" or "we") is committed to providing maximum protection of users' personal information. The policy stated below will apply to the handling of personal information Asano collects through its website "www.asano-metal.co.jp/en" (for both PCs and mobile devices) deployed on the Internet, and web pages (such as landing pages) designated by Asano, as well as through businesses related to Asano.
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as information from which specific individuals can be identified.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information of our customers when they make inquiries or request estimates. When collecting personal information, we will strive to prevent leakage, loss, damage, or unauthorized access to customers' personal information that has been collected by providing adequate protection and safety measures.
The personal information we collect include:
- Name (your name or company name)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Transaction history and related details - Information that can identify a specific individual by combining the above information items
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will utilize personal information we collect from our customers for the following purposes:
- To respond to inquiries or requests for estimates from customers
- To confirm or make inquiries about orders
- To deliver ordered products
- To send catalogs and direct mail, and deliver e-mail magazines and information related to services, etc.
- To conduct market research, and to conduct marketing activities to improve our website services and features.
How Personal Information Is Managed
We will carefully store and manage personal information including user information provided by our customers, and take appropriate security measures to prevent leakage or misappropriation of, or tampering with personal information caused by unauthorized third party access.
Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information of our customers to any third parties without customers' advance consent except where such disclosure or provision:
- Is in accordance with or required by applicable law, or is necessary to cooperate with national or local authorities, or individuals or entities appointed by such authorities to enforce the law or carry out legal process
- Is necessary to ensure security of life and property of our customers and the public, and is necessary if it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of such individuals
- Is required by our business partners when they conduct business in cooperation with us
- Is required when requesting delivery of products or catalogs to delivery companies (Yamato Transport, Sagawa Express, Seino Transportation, or Japan Post)
Procedure of Disclosure, Correction, Etc. of Personal Information
If we are requested by customers to disclose, correct, add, or delete their personal information, or to cease use of their personal information, we will promptly respond to such requests upon confirming the identity of the individuals who are making the requests.
Our website provides a secure environment that encrypts submitted information using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to ensure that personal information is exchanged safely when it is collected from our customers. All information provided by our customers is encrypted by SSL technology. This prevents any third parties from reading customers' personal information.
- * The use of SSL does not guarantee complete security.
- * Please note that if the SSL function of a web browser is disabled by the user or if the browser is an older version, some of the SSL functions may be disabled.
Cookies function to store browsing information of website accesses by customers in the customers' devices (such as PCs and smartphones). Cookies identify customers' devices, which will allow customers to efficiently browse websites using a browser, e.g., eliminating the need for customers to enter the same information repeatedly.
Most web browsers are configured to accept cookies by default. Customers can configure their browsers to set how to receive cookies and the level of rejection. For more information, see "Help" or "Support information" on the browser. Please note that disabling cookies may cause the services offered by our website to malfunction, or lead to a significant reduction in response speed.
● Access Analytical Tool
● About the Use of Behavioral Targeting Advertising Services Provided by Third-Party Vendors
We expect our customers to accept the fact that we may use behavioral targeting advertising services provided by third party vendors (Google, Yahoo!, and Facebook) for the purpose of delivering advertisement of our products and services and grasping the status of usage of our websites by customers.
If our customer wants to disable behavioral targeting advertising services, they can configure their browsers to reject cookies or to display a warning when they receive cookies. For information on how to set the browser, please check the "Cookies" section in the "Help" menu of the browser.
If you have any questions or comments, please use this form.
Asano Metal Industry Co., Ltd.